Good as Gold K9 can help with basic to advanced dog training issues, from the common to the most stubborn. Even if you’ve been trying for months, expert trainer Sheila Lobel knows what to do with dogs.
Private Training Lessons: How and Why It Works
You get one-on-one coaching, and a training program specifically designed for you, your dog, and your life style. We listen to your goals, evaluate your dog’s temperament, and observe how you and your family interact with your pet. You will learn how to read your dog’s body language, and the best ways to interact with your dog and be effective.
- We train in your home where most of the things you are concerned with occur. We explain what we’re going to do, demonstrate it, and then coach you as you do it.
- You and your dog are comfortable, and there’s no pressure. Many dogs are too stressed or too distracted when in a new environment among new people and many dogs, and can’t learn or even participate in group classes.
- Sessions are scheduled at your convenience, not according to a fixed schedule.
- Once your dog has the basics we can then branch out to your back yard, walks on the street, and go to new places.
- We can help, whether you’re looking for a great foundation, guidance with “obedience”, poor manners, or specific issues. We are there for your individual needs.
- You can read, ask friends, and watch You-Tube about training and problems, but we can change behaviors because we are experienced professionals. Your dog learns, you bond, and have fun!
- We give you the knowledge and tools necessary to meet and exceed your goals.
Recommended by veterinarians and clients!
Puppy Training: Yes, they’re ready by 8 weeks old! Get that special puppy off on the “right paw”. Dogs aren’t born with the ability to make the right choices, but you’ll learn how to effectively guide them. They’ll learn: sit, down, stay, wait, leave it, come, and you’ll both have fun. We’ll start them off on the adventures of loose-leash walking. Of course, manners are taught also, plus social skills.
Adolescents: For dogs from 5-20 months (for larger breeds), and 5-12 months for smaller breeds. (The smaller ones reach maturity earlier.) This is the goofy, yet trying, stage for dogs.
They listen, and then they don’t. We cover all the basics and manners, and pay special attention to teaching your dog that choosing the right options, plus using self-control and good manners pays off.
Mature Dogs: Yes, older dogs can learn, even seniors, and we love working with them. We cover the basics with both verbal commands and hand signals, plus manners. (Some have never been trained, and some have forgotten whatever they knew). We work on attention to owner, since many of them have developed “selective hearing”, develop consistency, and once they “get it” we can refine their skills and go to other places and higher skill levels!
A discount package of tune-up sessions for those dogs that have already had basic training. Brush up on the basics that seem to have gotten lost, focus on new concerns, develop consistency, or go on to more advanced levels.
- Once a month will make a difference!
- Your choice of a six month or one year package.
How it Works:
- This program is designed for owners with a busy schedule who prefer that the trainer works with the dog during the week while they’re out.
- We teach the basics and manners and consistency. We meet with the owner once a week to review what the dog has learned, and show them how to get the same results.
Benefits to the Owner:
- Learn how to get and keep the dog’s attention.
- Become adept at hand signals and communicating with your dog.
- Get your dog trained. Reap the benefits and yet use the time for yourself.
Please Note: Day training is not available, nor suitable, for dogs with behavioral problems. In those situations, the owner must participate. We come to evaluate, then develop a program specifically for your dog’s needs, and work closely with you and your dog to enable change.
Reasonable Rates, Discount Packages, and Flexible Scheduling.
PHONE CONSULTATION SERVICES:
Need training tips and solutions to your dog problems right over the phone because you’re stuck with a problem?
WE CAN HELP!
How does it work?
Call us at 908-229-9636 or email us email@example.com
We will set up an appointment. We may even be able to help you TODAY.